Komatsu's PC228USLC-8 Hydraulic Excavators have a short tail swing profile, designed specifically for work in confined areas. By reducing the tail swing, the PC228USLC-8 is perfect for work on roadways, bridges, urban areas, or anywhere space is limited. The PC228USLC-8 provides the performance and productivity you expect from Komatsu equipment.
Ecology and Economy
• Low emission engine
A powerful turbocharged and air-to-air aftercooled Komatsu SAA6D107E-1 engine provides 110 kW 148 HP(net). This engine is EPA Tier 3 and EU stage 3A emissions certified, without sacrificing power or machine productivity.
• Economy mode for lower fuel consumption
• Low operational noise
The dynamic noise is reduced when compared to the previous model.
• Increased lift capacity and stability
The counterweight mass has increased by 1300 kg 2865 lb for increased lift capacity over the front and side of the machine.
• Improved hydraulic system efficiency
Enhancements made to the Closed Center Load Sensing system result in faster cycle times and lower fuel consumption.
• Wide working range
• Powerful digging forces
• Long replacement interval for hydraulic oil and hydraulic filter
• Remote mounted engine oil filter and fuel drain valve
• Standard fuel pre-filter (with water separator)
• Side-by-side cooling concept for improved serviceability
• Equipped with self-diagnostic Equipment Management Monitoring System (EMMS)
KOMTRAX equipped machines can send location, SMR and operation maps to a secure website utilizing wireless technology. Machines also relay error codes, cautions, maintenance items, fuel levels, and much more.
Large TFT LCD Monitor
• Easy-to-see 7" large multi-function color monitor panel
• Can be displayed in 12 languages for global support
TFT: Thin Film Transistor
LCD: Liquid Crystal Display
• Rounded cab design
The cab swings within the same swing radius as the counterweight.
• Short tail swing radius
More compact than conventional models for improved performance in tight working conditions.
Large Comfortable Cab
• Low noise cab design with viscous mounts
• Sliding convex door - easy entrance in confined areas
• Large and comfortable cab space
• High rigidity work equipment
• Sturdy frame structure
• Reliable Komatsu designed and manufactured components
• Highly reliable electronic devices
• Standard rearview monitoring system (1 camera)
• Improved attachment flow control
• Slip resistant plates for improved grip
• New cab design for hydraulic excavators